14 July 2008

let me count the ways...


luis moreno-ocampo.....


how do i love thee?

well, for one, i want this man's job.  badly.  a few months ago, "Time Magazine" ran an article of moreno-ocampo, standing in his battling ground in a hague courtroom.  the prosecutor for the international criminal court is my idea of a superhero.

my inner international politics nerd pines for him.  this is almost as bad as my first lecture with professor klaus von beyme in heidelberg.  i had read articles by him in my short political science independent study, and my heart palpitated wildly the day i first encountered him teaching.  i had to stop myself from rushing after him after the lecture to get his autograph on my copy of one of his articles.

i was a little more bold with francis fukuyama a few years later.  i'm pretty sure he's never had someone ask to get their picture taken with him before.  oh well, there's always a first time...

No comments: