17 January 2008

snow!

snow today! big fat flakes of it, which somehow made me insanely happy, even when they got into my eyelashes and down the back of my neck while i cleaned my car off at 6:30 tonight in heels and work clothes (my business pants are drenched and hanging on the chair in front of me as i write). it blanketed thickly and quickly.

on the way home, it turned into rain...

it reminded me of the time it snowed, and goobs and i (me in my glasses and both of us in our household sweats) walked down to the Schlossgarten and made snow angels, and had a massive snowball fight. i think we scared the nice couples who were there to watch the snow fall onto the brightly-lit jewel of a city below.

before that, in the fall, we had stood together at the railing above the aqueducts, contemplating the beginning of a semester. the trees above us were golden, but somehow, the trees next to us were not. we realized the the spotlighting from below made the leaves glow with in a gold light, and it reminded me of that old fairy tale, about the 8 dancing princesses and their dancing slippers - the one where the 8 sisters find a city beneath the floorboards, and they pass trees with silver leaves and trees with golden leaves, cross the river to meet the 8 princes they dance with every night til dawn.

snow makes me fanciful.

No comments: